• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can she do this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sleprock29

I'm from the state of virginia. My mother in law recently passed away and her will states that her car was to be left to her son and her daughter is the executor of the will. She refuses to give the car to him because she says it has to be sold to pay off mom's debts. 15 days before she passed away her daughter went up to the hospital when mom was very incoherent to what was going on and had her sign over her house to her but did not sign her name right she signed a different last name.. Is that legal or not? Also my mother in law was on my deed of my house as a coborrower (co-signer) and my husband is on the house as the borrower. Now my sister in law is saying that she is going to come after my house to pay off mom's debt's. Can she do that... Since she got mom's house she thinks that every thing in the house is her's and refuses to sell it to pay off the debt. Please help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">