• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to dissolve a trust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kbpsych

What is the name of your state? AZ. In a few months I will have sold all the property left in my parents trust, distributing the proceeds to the beneficiaries (siblings) and leaving no further assets in the trust. The trust was formed in AZ. I am the co-trustee of the trust. My parents are deceased. The trust also has a limited partnership that dealt with property owned by the trust in FL. What do I do to dissolve the trust and FL limited partnership and ensure that there are no further IRS obligations? Thanks

tranquility

Distribute everything from the trust. Issue the K-1's to the beneficiaries for everything and mark final on the fiduciary return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">