• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I add my significant other to the title of my deed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dennis500

Being together for over 21 years, I would like to add my significant others' name to the title of my deed. I was told I needed to fill out a quit claim deed but when I got the form, the wording reads like your only option is to turn over the title to someone else. All I want to do is add another name to the title.
Is a Quit Claim Deed the right form?
How do I correctly word the form?
I sure would appreciate anyone who can help me out on this.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dennis500:
Being together for over 21 years, I would like to add my significant others' name to the title of my deed. I was told I needed to fill out a quit claim deed but when I got the form, the wording reads like your only option is to turn over the title to someone else. All I want to do is add another name to the title.
Is a Quit Claim Deed the right form?
How do I correctly word the form?
I sure would appreciate anyone who can help me out on this.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Quit Claim Deed is the correct form and the Grantor would be you deeding the property to the Grantees, you and your partner. You would be wise to pay an attorney to do this because the deed must also be recorded.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">