• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I find out if I am still in my mother will she passed 4m ago Exc & I don't spk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nonnamare

How do I find out if I am still in my mother will she passed 4m ago Exc & I don't spk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?New JerseyWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

Check with the Surrogate Court in the county where your mother resided to determine if the will has been submitted for probate.

If it has, you can get a copy. If not, you can probably petition the court to compel whoever has the will to produce it - I believe this is an option in NJ. Or file a petition to open probate yourself and ask the court to order whoever has the will to produce it.

(Until a person has been appointed by the court, that person is not the "executor." Someone may be nominated in the will to administer the estate, but until thee court grants the appointment, that someone has no authority.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">