• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get a copy of my Dads Last Will and Testamant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kathy Goodfarb

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

My father passed away Jan 3, 2001 in Los Angeles, California. His wife would never show me his will saying he wanted my brother and myself written out. There was no reason for him to say this as we allways got along and there were no problems. His wife has 4 children from a previous marrige that my father never adopted or supported. We are all adults 40+. I am not looking for financial inheritance but as my father was a well known country and western entertainer I would ask her for items of his that had sentimental value. Example-his Emmy, Guitar, awards and so on. Whenever I asked for any of this, his wife would say she had given them either to her kids or sold them. I found this odd as before my Dad passed away not only did he speak with me regarding items he wanted me to have, but also sent me a ring of his that was an heirloom and also quite valuable. I would like to get a copy of his" Last Will and Testament" to see if I can find out the truth and if he stated all his goods to go to her children and not his own. I know its been quite a while since he passed, but its really been bothering me why I have been kept uninformed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MahaloWhat is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

Because evil stepmother didn't want you to have anything.

The Los Angeles Superior Court phone number is (213) 974-5471. Call them and give them your father's name and date of death (month and year) so they can check to see if they have a probate file for him. If they do, you can order a copy of the entire file sent to you by mail. Review it and then consult an attorney if you have concerns/questions. It is not likely that you will benefit after so much time has passed but you will at least have the satisfaction of knowing what happened with his estate.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">