• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do i locate a trust fund!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lthurecht89

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA. back in 1997 i was in an accident with my boilogical father, pedestrian vs car. He always told me that a trust fund was set up for me to recieve when i turned 21 an had a high school diploma, ive got the diploma part covered and i will 21 in about 6 months. Im due to have a baby in june and my bday is july. Im struggling to keep just my head above water right now, im going to be a single mother with no hope of recieving any childsupport from the father. my only issue is that i was adopted at 14yrs by my aunt an uncle from my mothers side, and i no longer have contact with my biological father. I dont even know where to start in locating my trust fund! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you and god bless you! :confused: LeAnnWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ARIZONA. back in 1997 i was in an accident with my boilogical father, pedestrian vs car. He always told me that a trust fund was set up for me to recieve when i turned 21 an had a high school diploma, ive got the diploma part covered and i will 21 in about 6 months. Im due to have a baby in june and my bday is july. Im struggling to keep just my head above water right now, im going to be a single mother with no hope of recieving any childsupport from the father. my only issue is that i was adopted at 14yrs by my aunt an uncle from my mothers side, and i no longer have contact with my biological father. I dont even know where to start in locating my trust fund! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you and god bless you! :confused: LeAnnWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Check the courthouse in the county where you resided at the time of the car accident to see if a guardian of estate or a trust fund was set up in your name that had to be overseen by the court.

Dandy Don

You can only ASSUME that what your biological father said about setting up such a trust fund was true--realize that it may NOT be true (he could have just been saying that to make HIMSELF or YOU feel good about him). Seems like he should have or would have given the details about this fund to you or your nearest relatives long before now. Visit intellius.com or save up $100 bucks (or ask someone to financially assist you with that) to hire a private investigator to locate your biological father so that you can get details about this matter from him. Your search for court records may or may not be fruitful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">