• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I pay someone's mortgage off without them knowing who it was?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

merlbnw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia
Thank you, firstly for your time in this question.

How do you go about paying off someone's mortgage, giving them an amount of money, or even paying for their other debts, (basically all of these), without that person knowing who it was?

I have tried to ask two attorneys, one said, he did not know and the other said, well we use to be able to do something like this through our own company accounts but not now... But the whole point is that i dont want this person to know it was me due to their pride.. Who do you trust for this? it has to be done through correct legal channels so no one will cheat me.

What is something like this called as it is not a will or estate matter? Also, if i wish to remain annonymous in this can the person still find out who it was as the only person who would have this information is the actually attorney?

Also if i move states and the person resides in another state where would i do this, the state i am in or them?

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

curb1

How much do you know about the assets/mortgage that you wish to payoff? I would be surprised that a mortgage company wouldn't take a check to pay off a mortgage. Call them and ask the procedure. The different type of assets might have different answers.

merlbnw

I don't know much about the mortgage company at all, who they are, how much mortgage is left other then the debtors information, i.e. name and address. That is why i was wondering whether an particular kind of attorney would care to take this on, as it would be them who do the rest. Also, in terms of the tax amount on the money, i would pay for this, but again, via someone else.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't know much about the mortgage company at all, who they are, how much mortgage is left other then the debtors information, i.e. name and address. That is why i was wondering whether an particular kind of attorney would care to take this on, as it would be them who do the rest. Also, in terms of the tax amount on the money, i would pay for this, but again, via someone else.
If you don't know WHO to pay, how do you expect to pay?

merlbnw

you did not read the post correctly did u! I know who I want to pay for, the people w ho have the debt and mortgage, but i do not know the mortgage company or creditor details therefore, my question was more leaned towards finding out if an attorney would deal with something like this. i.e. the attorney has my written permission to pay off all the debt for Mr XXX, but to ensure that the money goes directly to their creditors....
therefore, if the attorney had power of finding out all the nitty and gritty.....

I have spoken to two attorneys but not had a positive or confident reply.

Anyway, any other useful or helpful information other then, go see another attorney... would be appreciated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
you did not read the post correctly did u! I know who I want to pay for, the people w ho have the debt and mortgage, but i do not know the mortgage company or creditor details therefore, my question was more leaned towards finding out if an attorney would deal with something like this. i.e. the attorney has my written permission to pay off all the debt for Mr XXX, but to ensure that the money goes directly to their creditors....
therefore, if the attorney had power of finding out all the nitty and gritty.....

I have spoken to two attorneys but not had a positive or confident reply.

Anyway, any other useful or helpful information other then, go see another attorney... would be appreciated.
Thanks for clearing that up. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
If you don't know WHO to pay, how do you expect to pay?

CraigFL

If you were in FL, you just go to the county clerk records online, plug their name in and you will see who holds the mortgage for that property. If VA records are not online, you would need to go to the county courthouse personally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">