• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long does it take (Form 706)?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bricas

I am waiting to hear from the I.R.S. after sending in form 706 last September 2000.
I have been told nine months, but have not been able to confirm if this is actually the amount of time it takes for this claim to be settled.
Is there a way to contact the I.R.S. in order to find the status of this claim.

A

advisor10

JUNE 29, 2001

DEAR BRICAS:

The best way to find out would be to write a certified letter to the same address you mailed the FORM 706 to. That way, someone in the same office can find your paperwork and is more likely to give you an accurate response.

You could look on any tax return to get the phone number for the regional center that handles your return, but I'm not sure if a phone call would help much, since it would take time to find your specific return unless they could track the information by computer search.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">