• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to take title to real property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vision013

What is the name of your state? GA
I have several properties that are titled in my name but I would like to transfer title to several Land Trust with the LLC being either the Beneficiary or the trustee. My question is should the LLC be the beneficiary or the trustee? This a single member LLC.
And I don't know of anyone who could be the Trustee other than my wife.

Part2 of the question is should I quit claim the properties over or create new warranty deeds?

HomeGuru

vision013 said:
What is the name of your state? GA
I have several properties that are titled in my name but I would like to transfer title to several Land Trust with the LLC being either the Beneficiary or the trustee. My question is should the LLC be the beneficiary or the trustee? This a single member LLC.
And I don't know of anyone who could be the Trustee other than my wife.

Part2 of the question is should I quit claim the properties over or create new warranty deeds?
**A: consult with an estate/trust attorney.

nextwife

And check to see if your current title insurance will lapse upon transfer to a "different" ownership entity. If so, please check with your current providers to obtain Policy Endorsements in order to keep your coverage in effect. This little detail is often overlooked when such transfers are made, leaving the property with no title insurance coverage - any many times a defect is not discovered until the next conveyance to a buyer.

HomeGuru

And also if yoi have mortgages on the property, there may be due on sale or transfer clauses that would require loan payoff at time of title transfer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">