• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hubby passed a month ago a little overwhelmed .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChihuahuaMom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
My husband lost his battle to cancer last month (June 15) I have a few questions.

1. Are the funeral expenses (and opening and closing of the crypt ) claimed on the taxes next year ?

2. He had our car in his name only I went to change it to my name but since the tag was a disabled tag for him I had to get another tag.
( question ) can I claim what I had to pay to change on my taxes ?

Thank YOu
Sandy

LdiJ

My husband lost his battle to cancer last month (June 15) I have a few questions.

1. Are the funeral expenses (and opening and closing of the crypt ) claimed on the taxes next year ?

2. He had our car in his name only I went to change it to my name but since the tag was a disabled tag for him I had to get another tag.

Thank YOu
Sandy
No, funeral expenses are not tax deductible for an individual. Taxes related to the registration of a car are deductible...but only the part that is identified as a tax.

Just Blue

Thank YOu
Sandy
I just want to say how sorry I am for your loss...

Blue

FlyingRon

Registration fees (plates, etc...) are NOT deductible either. If there is a personal property or sales tax remitted as part of the reregistration process, that may be deductible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">