• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been disowned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

loralyn

My father adopted me when I was in my 20's. I am now over 30. He has not spoken to me in over a year. His wife doesnot like me. He has disowned me and has written me out of his will. I think she influenced him. I used to be able to control him and he asked my opinion of everything. He was married to my mother and after they divorced he became involved with someone and it took time away from me. I talked him into adopting me at this time. Then he broke up with her and he was my dad again. Then he met a women and they have been married almost 4 years. I hate her!!!! But I guess I may havecaused them some problems but she is an evil stepmom. I think she influenced my dad in writing me out of his will. Can I contest the will when he dies? I live in Michigan

ALawyer

Were you to challange his Will it sounds as if you would lose, and it would not even be close.

You may get lucky and find he has made a mistake with the Will, such as failed to properly execute it, or had ineligible witnesses, or totally omitted any reference to you (which a court could interpret as an error and include you back), or you can prove he was not of sound mind when he made the Will, or he was really defrauded (such as by being told you tried to poision him when you did not. But otherwise you would be out of luck.

[Edited by ALawyer on 11-11-2000 at 03:44 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">