• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I just need a simple Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scott100678

What is the name of your state? TN

What is the cheapest and easiest way to place a friend in complete control of my estate upon death

Thanks - Scott

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? TN

What is the cheapest and easiest way to place a friend in complete control of my estate upon death

Thanks - Scott
Since you're still here, I'll tell you that you need to have a lawyer draw up a trust and a will for you.

startech39

I am not an attorney

It is my understanding, that as of 2006 there is an exemption of federal tax upon death of 1.5 million and that it will increase to 2 million. So if your estate is less than those figures, you can right your own will using the free forms on this site. If your estate increases or is higher than those amounts, you will need to do some estate planning that may involve a trust, which means at that time you may need a lawyer. If you dont want to spend a lot of money on this, then take the time to read the info on this site.

Also, as of 2011 the exemption will go back down to 1 million, so if you estate is worth more than 1 million, you will have to revisit your estate planning.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">