• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need to collect assets- how do I begin?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hoolygirl35

will found after probate closed!

Texas
My mother, who was married to my father when he passed away in 2000, hid the will and completed probate intestate. We reopened probate when we found the will in Aug 03. My sister and I hired an attorney in Aug since we were the only named beneficiaries in the will, but have been unable to collect assets. I am afraid that my mother, who still lives in the home she owned with my father, is selling all of the assets. My attorney filed an order with a judge to order an accounting of assets to be filed by my mother in November, and she has not complied.
I want to start collecting the vehicles that were listed in the initial inventory filed by my mother in 1/01 after my dad died. We would surrender her portion of the proceeds from the sale of the 2 vehicles and keep my dad's portion only. I would also like to
file a deed allowing my sister and I to claim our portion of the home my dad left us (his share only).
Please help!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">