• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if there's a beneiciary why need executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

telerep

What is the name of your state? Pa.:confused: my brother passed away left live in girlfriend beneficiary and I am being asked by his employer about being the executor.

HomeGuru

telerep said:
What is the name of your state? Pa.:confused: my brother passed away left live in girlfriend beneficiary and I am being asked by his employer about being the executor.
**A: yeah, so what. What does his employer have to do with his estate?

Dandy Don

Beneficiary of what: a will or an insurance policy?

If she is named beneficiary of an insurance policy, then the money is payable to her and there is no need for probate.

Find out from the employer what the assets are. It may benefit you to be executor if there are assets going into the estate (you would collect a commission), plus the girlfriend has no legal status as an heir if there are other assets going into the estate, and then those assets would need to be probated and distributed to legal heirs: relatives.

T

telerep

BENEFICIARY FOR INSURANCE

if profit sharing and 401k is designated to her (girlfriend) why be executor unless I can get income tax into an estate for my brother I feel girlfriend may be thinking she hit the lottery. Also if she has to move out the house because of foreclosure how do I get his posessions ? Or she may just leave it there and go to be mean. Also she needs to pay outstanding bills and funeral cost since she gets the money-what if she decides to skip out?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">