• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ignorant to trust laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

julieclark

my father recently passed away and my stepmother has been named the executor of his estate and it is to be put in trust divided equally between 5 children. 2 step and 3 biological of his (one is a half brother). he was living in new mexico and died in texas. since my stepmother left my dad 5 months before his death and set the ball in motion that ultimately caused his death, i have doubts as to her being fair in allocating or listing his possessions at all. she moved into a five bedroom home in texas and it is full of expensive furniture etc bought with his money and a brand new car. is this part of his assests? his home in new mexico is still full as well. if his estate has been given to her will i not see my share till her death and if so what prevents her from making a will of her own and naming only her 3 children? my brother and i were told all our lives certain family heirlooms were for whom coin books, china cabinet and grandfather clock to name a few were given to us by our grandparents but we have no written proof. my grandmother had boxes of items some of value some sentimental put aside with our names on them(my brother and i) and she mixed the stuff together and had the name tags in one box so as not to know what was meant for who and then kept all of it and game me a few pieces of jewlry. she even kept all my grandmothers and my mothers photoalbums what are my rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">