• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Independent Administration of will in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ronaldaugustine

I live in Texas. My grandmother recently passed away. We think she was talked into putting things in her will by her estate lawyer that wouldn't be in our best interest. The Executor is not of the family. We know him and do not trust him. He is very Greedy. The will states that he is independant and no bond or any other action be had in settling the estate other than probate, recording will, return of statutory inventory, appraisment list of claims etc. Is there any way he can manipulate us? What are our options to remove him as executor. Can I get the court involved even if the will states the lawyer and executor are independent and without joinder of any other person ? We are not even sure how much my Grandmothers estate contains, except she has a Marital Trust and trusts for us three grandsons. We are Beneficiaries. Is it possible the lawyer and Executor could be dishonest and steal from the estate without us even knowing what is all there ? How do we get the court involved ? If we can get the court to monitor the Lawyers actions would it be very costly ? Please Help me with any or all of the solutions to my questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">