• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Floida

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Florida

I have been told by the Executor of Estate that I have received a piece of real estate in Texas.. What type of legal document do I need to make sure I receive before I assume responsibility and to make sure I have actually inherited property?

Does my responsibility start from the time of deceased person's death or from time I actually inherit property?

Death incurred in Texas, property is in Texas, and I live in Florida.

BelizeBreeze

You will receive a deed for the property once the estate is closed.
Now the questions:

Did you know the deceased?
Do you have a letter from the executor stipulating the facts of the will?
Do you have a probate case number?

How do you know this is legitimate?

F

Floida

The deceased if my Dad. Am having trouble getting will or anything else from Executor. I do not have a probate case number ( I am not sure there is one)

I have found out that the real estate was sold on contract and the contract purchasers have adbandoned property. Executor has said this property is mine and wants me to take care of all taxes, dues, and to start foreclosure action against contract purchasers. I feel I should have some type of legal document before assuming this responsibility.

Dandy Don

What city and state did the death occur in (and what is month and year of death)? Is the property located in the same county? Please mention the name of the decedent and date of death and I can look to see if any online information is available and give you the name and address of the county courthouse to contact to get a copy of the will if it has been filed.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

F

Floida

My Father, E. Boyd Taylor, passed away on June 1, 2003, in Abilene, Texas, Taylor County. Real Estate is in Pharr, Texas, Hidalgo County. Thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">