• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheritance distribution question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

relics

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ky

my grandmother passed away last fall and divided her estate between my mother, sister, and myself. In the will my mother is to be executrix of my sister's (age 15) inheritance until she is 25. The will left me the car but I would like my sister to have it to use when she turns 16 in exchange for some other items that she received in the will. The car has already been transferred to me. I want to make sure my sister will have full access to use and own it when she turns 16 and my mother will not have the option to deny use of the car until my sister is 25 (which she may do since they had a fallin out). What is the best way to do this? Can I sign it over to my sister's part of the inheritance with a letter stating that she has full ownership when she turns 16. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">