• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheritance & divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justwondering03

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

I have been married to my dh for 12 years, we were married in 1996. Both of his parents passed away in 2000. He and his sister split the inheritance right down the middle collecting ownership of a condo and money. They inherited the house we are now living in, but my husband bought his sister's 1/2 so it would be our home. I don't believe that my name is own the house, but I sold my home (I owned it before we were married) and we remodeled our house. We have 3 kids, one of which is deceased, this being the sad reason for our marriage problems.

Okay, so my question is in TN if we were to get a divorce would I be able to keep our home or at least get 1/2 of the money if we sold it. Also, I have been a homemaker for 7 years w/ our 2 kids and I just recently got a part time job working about 10-15 hours a week. What does the law say?? Thank you!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">