• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inheritance/Estates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rhondagail

About five years ago my Great Uncle died and left my Mom a sizeable amout in Real Estate and money. My Mom lives in Kentucky but my Uncle lived in Kansas. He had land in California and a condo in Kansas. The condo has been sold and the money split between the heirs. However there is land in California that is still being settled and a Man by the name of Siskin that works out of Santa Monica, Ca. periodically sends my Mom and the other heirs(two) letters on this land which is explained as being split up into plots. What I need to know is:

1. What are my options since we live in one State and the land is in another?

2. Would it be wise to find a Lawyer in California? and if so what kind?

Any advice or help would be deeply appreciated:)

A

advisor10

1-10-2002

DEAR RHONDAGAIL:

Please explain what your intentions are: do you and your mother want to sell these properties so you can receive the money from the sale?

Do you have any idea how much the land is worth?

Is this Mr. Siskin an attorney or one of the owners of the land?

If all you want to do is to sell the land, then your main interest will probably be to find a real estate agent in that same city to sell it for you. But it also would be wise to hire a real estate attorney (or have the real estate agent sugges one for you) to make sure your decisions are done properly and legally and to avoid complications.

SINCERELY,

advisor

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">