• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inherited estate ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcs3233

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Miss :confused: Hi There is land that was left for the offspring of my Grandfather who had 12 children each would inherited 11 acres of land if one of them passed away there portion would go two there offspring. My Aunt passaway and 1 of her children wishes to deed off there land in Miss. The cousin that wishes to deed off the land has six brothers and sisters but on the quick claim deed it is showing that they wish to deed off 8.9 acres more or less instead of about 1 or more acre if you divide it by 7 they also included a plat of survey which is incorporated and made a part of there quictclaim deed regarding my grandfather estate. the other words before I am to sign mention the estate which does not have a common address: waive all rights under and by virtue of the homestead exemption laws of the State of Mississippi. also part of the Quickclaim Deed is a letter that states this quictclaim deed does not in any way take away any part of your inherited land. It only defines my part of the inherited land and allows me only to obtain a clear tiled to that part. If I sign this letter in your opion would my inherited portion of land not be taken away? Is this the usual way the claims are written just to show the amount that would have been my Aunt portion of land ?

BelizeBreeze

rcs3233 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Miss :confused: Hi There is land that was left for the offspring of my Grandfather who had 12 children each would inherited 11 acres of land if one of them passed away there portion would go two there offspring. My Aunt passaway and 1 of her children wishes to deed off there land in Miss. The cousin that wishes to deed off the land has six brothers and sisters but on the quick claim deed it is showing that they wish to deed off 8.9 acres more or less instead of about 1 or more acre if you divide it by 7 they also included a plat of survey which is incorporated and made a part of there quictclaim deed regarding my grandfather estate. the other words before I am to sign mention the estate which does not have a common address: waive all rights under and by virtue of the homestead exemption laws of the State of Mississippi. also part of the Quickclaim Deed is a letter that states this quictclaim deed does not in any way take away any part of your inherited land. It only defines my part of the inherited land and allows me only to obtain a clear tiled to that part. If I sign this letter in your opion would my inherited portion of land not be taken away? Is this the usual way the claims are written just to show the amount that would have been my Aunt portion of land ?
go back and read this mess and then try to type it making sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">