• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inheritence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

firefighter1989

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I received an email saying that I was left money in a will. Normally I just deleted it but I just wanted to see what would happen. I got another email from a Law firm In Alaska. They want me to give them my bank information. I don't feel comfortable giving that information out.

My question is if the law firm is working with Bank of America do I have a legal right to have the bank to issue me a cashier check that was left to me in the will.

OHRoadwarrior

Before you give them any info, you need to determine if the entire thing is legit. Who is it that left you money? People don't leave strangers money as a matter of course.

MillionaireLost

If it was not a scam and the law firm was legit, what steps would the person take to protect themselves when actually 'picking up the money'?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">