• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Initiate a Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Leah_Leo

What is the name of your state? Washington. I am a paralegal and I have a client who is the sole heir of his now deceased father's will. Unfortunately, he cannot "prove" the will because it was done in 1955 without a Notary Public or sworn affidavit of the witnesses, and the attorney and witnesses are all deceased. He was advised by the court commissioner he appeared before that he needs to "initiate" the will, but I am not familiar with that document. My understanding is that this is not a unique situation since old wills with deceased witnesses, etc. are pretty common. I am also consulting with another location for assistance. I hope you can assist me as soon as possible. Thank you!!!

Last edited:

Dandy Don

"Initiating" a will is an unfamiliar legal term. You need to get greater clarification from the person who used this word to find out what they meant, and with a situation this unique you need to be consulting with a local probate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">