• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance policy funeral bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chl2000_2000

What is the name of your state?pennsylvania
If my mom died a widow -- had 4 siblings -- my mom left my brothers as beneficiary's to her insurance policies -- which they chose not to give for the funeral expense -- If my sister and I signed for the funeral expense -- whos responsible for the bill -- and how would payment be divided up -- 50-50??? Please help. Thanks

BlondiePB

If my sister and I signed for the funeral expense -- whos responsible for the bill -- and how would payment be divided up -- 50-50???
You and your sister are responsible for the bill since you guaranteed it and can divide it up however you agree. Shame on your brother for doing what he did.

Dandy Don

If mom had other assets that are being probated in an estate, then you can file a claim for reimbursement with the estate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">