• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inter vivos trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaluhalea

California

How can I find the court in which an inter vivos trust was dissolved. My son is listed as an heir and was never notified. Just found out that it was dissolved and money given out 4 years ago but can't find any record of it. In the trust document it stated that when his grandfather died the trust was to be dissolved and the money go to my son. This involves a rather large sum of money.

Last edited:

curb1

Who was the trustee? Did you see the trust document? How do you know the grandson was an "heir"?

Dandy Don

Trusts are administered outside of court and done privately.

If the trust names the trustee you need to be contacting the trustee about this and if you get stalling or no information from the trustee, then consult a trust attorney who can advise you how the attorney can get access to trust income tax statements and other documents to help you get more information about this.

Who told you that the trust was dissolved--another beneficiary of it or someone whose account is reliable?

Since you know who the decedent you may want to check at the county courthouse probate court to look at the probate file to see if there is any mention in the will (or elsewhere in the probate file) about the trust.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">