• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interpret wording of the Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CA Heir

What is the name of your state? GA
I trust (the beneficiary) to make appropriate use of my estate for the benefit of my children or others who she deems fit.

Would you please interpret this statement? My father left his estate to a caregiver with the following statement in the will. I trust (the beneficiary) to make appropriate use of my estate for the benefit of my children or others who she deems fit.[/COLOR]

Does this mean the children are at the mercy of the beneficiary?
Her attorney has advised the children that they will receive nothing. The beneficiary's son has also advised the children that he will be considered as "others who she deems fit"

Are there any grounds to contest this? :confused: and :mad:

HomeGuru

CA Heir said:
What is the name of your state? GA
I trust (the beneficiary) to make appropriate use of my estate for the benefit of my children or others who she deems fit.

Would you please interpret this statement? My father left his estate to a caregiver with the following statement in the will. I trust (the beneficiary) to make appropriate use of my estate for the benefit of my children or others who she deems fit.[/COLOR]

Does this mean the children are at the mercy of the beneficiary?
Her attorney has advised the children that they will receive nothing. The beneficiary's son has also advised the children that he will be considered as "others who she deems fit"

Are there any grounds to contest this? :confused: and :mad:
**A: that was awfully terrible language, almost of being woeful. Yes, it basically means that. Hire an attorney and fight it.

C

CA Heir

Thanks for your reply, which language are you referring to? The wording of the Will? I believe we will hire an attorney and contest the Will.

HomeGuru

CA Heir said:
Thanks for your reply, which language are you referring to? The wording of the Will?

**A: yes, of course.
I believe we will hire an attorney and contest the Will.

**A: good choice and good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">