• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irrevocable Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uasteamfitter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California County of San Diego

My Grandfather passed away in 1993. His nephew was the trustee. After several years of neglect he was removed as trustee and a new trustee took over. The new trustee has squandered most of the money and terminated the insurance on the home for I believe a few years now. I am curious if this is considered dereliction of duty and if there is any recourse or case against this man? I would like to see him fired!!! Any advise or information would be greatly appreciated or a ballpark figure of what it would cost to make this happen if you would take the case.
P.S. I did not handle the trustee replacement the first time. So it's all new to me.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Do you have a copy of the trust?

Did the beneficiaries receive any type of payout?

Did he provide any type of accounting statement or copies of state/federal income tax returns to prove that taxes were paid?

You say he "squandered" the money without giving details on exactly what it was squandered on.

He may be guilty of breach of fiduciary duty if you can prove that he spent the money on things he wasn't supposed to.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">