• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Irrevocable trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lkrapf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My step father is drafting an irrevocable trust where I am named the"trustee". Does his home automatically transfer to this trust upon signing document or does he have to contact his mortgage to change title on the deed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

anteater

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

My step father is drafting an irrevocable trust where I am named the"trustee". Does his home automatically transfer to this trust upon signing document or does he have to contact his mortgage to change title on the deed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ahhhh... That edit makes it more understandable.

No, it does not automatically transfer to the trust. And title and mortgage are two different things.

My step father is drafting an irrevocable trust.....
I hope that you do not mean this literally. This is not a do-it-yourself project.

Last edited:

tranquility

As answered in duplicate thread, you get an attorney to advise you before doing such complicated and irrevocable things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">