• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Items covered in health, education & welfare trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhudak1954

I live in Florida. My mother left me money in a health, education & welfare trust when she died. It includes my son & daughter.
My daughter is heading to college and has need of transportation (car).Would this be covered? I know it will cover the tuition, but I am unable to supply a car. Also, I am filing for divorce. Would my attorney's fees be covered?

My mother died in July 2005 in the State of Pennsylvania.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

Why does she need the car and how would it help her on campus? Trustee will probably deny the request but it doesn't hurt to ask. What is the value of the car you are thinking she needs?

tranquility

Even though this is considered an "ascertainable standard" there is really no answer beyond asking the trustee. He's the one to make the decision based upon his fiduciary duties. If I were the trustee, I would accept the risk the car is not and the attorney fees may be depending on the reason for the divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">