• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jesse jones

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessejones13

what is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
My wife and I had a revocable trust drawn up in Florida, where we were living at the time. It becomes irrevocable when one of the trustees dies. We have since moved to Texas. Do we have to have a new trust drawn up for the state of Texas or can we simply record the old trust in Texas?

Thanks.
Jesse Jones

tranquility

An attorney would recommend you get the trust restated. If the trust is more than a few years old, I'd follow the recommendation as the property rules between the states are quite different.

curb1

I would suggest that it depends on how the trust is written. My limited experience would suggest that most of these trusts are boilerplate and similar from state to state. Naturally the addresses of property would have to be updated. But to spend another $1,500 to $2,500 for a new trust, I would certainly look at how your trust is written.

What are your reasons for having the trust?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">