• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgements and Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Julie Gilmer

What is the name of your state? My father died in AZ on 1/1/04. His current wife says there is nothing left in his estate. My mother has judgements against my father for back child support. How does my mother serve those papers on his estate without a lawyer and before the new wife takes what's left? I live in Texas. The judgements are from Colorado

H

hexeliebe

You do not do this without an attorney and one in Arizona. This is going to be a mess and you are not equipped to handle what will be happening.

Do you know how to domesticate a foreign judgement? Do you know how to register a judgement lien? How about probate and the Executor's duties?

How do you trace assets of the estate? What about the home the couple lived in before daddy died? Who owns it and how is the deed worded?

I would never go into something like this and neither should you alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">