• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wwilemon52

What is the name of your state?Florida
I have a judgment against someone from 1981. How long does a judgment last?
Thanks,
wwilemon52

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wwilemon52 said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
I have a judgment against someone from 1981. How long does a judgment last?
Thanks,
wwilemon52

My response:

A 24 year old judgment? Unless you filed the paperwork to "Renew Judgment" prior to the expiration periods for judgments in Florida, then you can believe your judgment is worth no more than the paint on your walls.

IAAL

Dandy Don

Have you made any attempts before now to try to collect from the person? You should have consulted legal advice for procedures to collect. Talk to a business law attorney or other civil attorney to find out if the judgment can be reaffirmed/reinstated.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

S

seniorjudge

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

A 24 year old judgment? Unless you filed the paperwork to "Renew Judgment" prior to the expiration periods for judgments in Florida, then you can believe your judgment is worth no more than the paint on your walls.

IAAL
Agreed. Seven years is the length of a judgment in FL.

JETX

Dandy Don said:
Have you made any attempts before now to try to collect from the person? You should have consulted legal advice for procedures to collect. Talk to a business law attorney or other civil attorney to find out if the judgment can be reaffirmed/reinstated.

Gee, right after he makes an accurate post to someone else, 'Dandy Dunce' spouts this 'inaccurate, non-responsive' crap!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Dandy Don said:

My response:

It's the Dandy Donkey Show!!!

Dandy, why do you continue posting on these forums? In fact, why do you continue your membership on this site? These are not rhetorical questions. I would really like to read your answers.

I don't think anyone will disagree with me that fully 50% or more of your responses are dog crap, like the one quoted above.

You have got to stop. I insist.

IAAL

S

seniorjudge

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
I don't think anyone will disagree with me that fully 50% or more of your responses are dog crap, like the one quoted above.
I respectfully disagree. It's more like 90% are wrong...plus he tries to get personal information from the posters. Not good....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">