• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

late brother's estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

charlene Havard

my brother died suddenly and unexpectedly. he and his wife live close to houston, texas. he did not have a will. their home was in his wife's name because they married after she had already bought the home. they were married 17 years, children were from previous marriages on both sides, and all the children were already grown and married. now that he has died, my sister in law is afraid of losing her home if she has to settle any claims my brother's children might make. if the home was never in his name can they make any claims on it? she is really concerned and rightly so, it took all of their savings to bury wayne. her home is all she has left. i do not live in texas and do not know anything about texas law concerning this matter. can anyone tell me what might happen? Thank you, char

ALawyer

If she owned the home, his death did not change that and his kids should have no claim on it. Other than a share of his assets, they should get nothing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">