• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which is the latter valid living trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marion77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL
How could I know if there is a latter (valid/signed) living trust? I saw that document but I haven't got a copy of it. The successor trustee told me that the last living trust is not valid because it wasn't signed by settlor or trustor. Is there any evidence of these documents, are these registred anywhere? I need some proof.

curb1

Are you on good terms with the successor trustee? If he is not being truthfull your only hope might be to find the attorney who produced the document, or find that the Trust was recorded at the county courthouse.

Is there a reason favorable to the successor trustee that the latest trust "not be found valid"?

marion77

Are you on good terms with the successor trustee? If he is not being truthfull your only hope might be to find the attorney who produced the document, or find that the Trust was recorded at the county courthouse.

Is there a reason favorable to the successor trustee that the latest trust "not be found valid"?
Of course,it is. There is a big difference,I mean hugh, between the first and the last.The successor is a relative and I am just a friend (or I was) with the deceased. I supose there is nothing I could do about it.

marion77

If the first choice is not available(not in good terms with the lawyer)can I obtain any records of the files,knowing that I am not a family member...Somebody told me that a Living Trust usually is not registred to any court.....just the Will is...If somebody knows someting about this..please give me an advice..I really need it...

curb1

The trust may, or may not, be recorded at the courthouse. Some are, some aren't. It is worth a try. Have you checked at the courthouse? Why not?

Dandy Don

Ask the person to prove what they say by providing you with a copy of the other trust and see what their reaction is. If they won't cooperate you should be consulting with a trust attorney who has experience contesting trusts to see if you may have grounds to contest it. Are there other beneficiaries or other people who have knowledge about this situation? What changes do you suspect were made?

If you file suit to contest the trust, your attorney can get the other trust admitted as evidence.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">