• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ruinyet46

What is the name of your state? California
I'm a student taking a paralegal class, I need to know when does
"substantive" and " procedural law" gets involved with wills, trusts or any aspect of this area. Thank You very much:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ruinyet46 said:
What is the name of your state? California
I'm a student taking a paralegal class, I need to know when does
"substantive" and " procedural law" gets involved with wills, trusts or any aspect of this area. Thank You very much:confused:

My response:

Your question is a bit on the vague side; however, "substantive" law is the law that actually affects a particular area of law, and guides how that area is to be dealt with. Procedural law tells you how to "use" the substantive law once you've found the substantive law.

For example, "substantive law" tells you that a Will must be witnessed. "Procedural law" tells you how to submit that Will into Probate.

Just ask yourself, "Now that I've found the law (Substantive law), what do I do with it (Procedural law)?"

IAAL

R

Ruinyet46

to I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Thank you so much for that bit of information. My homework assignment is to find two internet sites that provides explanations of any aspect of the substantive and procedural law. I have been looking around but didn't really understand till your response. Actually I didn't know what I was looking for and now I do. Thank you so very much
:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">