• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laws in Louisiana concerning Wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

31jvmca

Please help!
My Mother lived in the state of Louisiana, after she had been in the hospital for over 5 months. During that time her sister from Louisiana and I had taken care of her in and out of the hospitals. There was no one else there. My mother over my entire life would get mad and me and write me out of her will if I did not do everything she wanted me to do. When I married my now ex-husband she disinherited me again. When my marriage started going downhill I called and we got back on speaking terms. She told me at that time that she had written me out of the will but, I was not aware of all of the reasons why until I read her will after she died. She had disinherited me on grounds of cruelty and that I had failed to provide sustenance. That I sold her home and car without her consent. I was not even there when her car was sold and she knew that her home was beinging sold and for the amount because she signed the papers. My sister knows the truth and she told this to the young man who is the Executor of the will and who is inheriting everything she owns. He is not related in anyway and he has never helped take care of her in anyway shape or form. He has only been there with his hand out. My heart is sick knowing that he has taken advantage of her. I watched and I helped him this past weekend sell her things for little or no money. Now he has the problem of selling her car and he doesn't want to have to pay all of the legal fees to put the car in his name. Now, he wants me to take the responsiblity of legally inheriting the car because I am blood and he is not, then he wants me to sell the car and give him the money. Now my question is: What does the statement "forced portion of my estate" mean? Please help me. When I made a statement to him that my Mother would be so unset if she saw all of the things that he has thrown away and he said "No, she wouldn't because I was her precious child." Please help me. When she had her 3 heart attacks and massive stroke in 1989, and then again this passed summer when she had to start using a wheelchair to get around he was no where insite.
31jvmca

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">