• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyer won't talk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melm

What is the name of your state? Texas.
I talked with the exacuter, of the will and she said that, she prepared an inventory list and gave it to her laywer to file,, He never filed it,
when I asked him why,, He said he would be ready to close the estate, as soon as the house was sold. The house was sold Aug. the 15 th. 2002.
We have not heard from him. We had a lawyer send him a letter, to find out why he did not file the inventory list and what was going on,, He did not answer my laywer's letter, Now we have found out that he has filed for an extenion untill Dec.26th, 2002.to file the inventory list,,The estate is worth more than $200,000.00., SO HE LIED TO ME.
QUESTION;
( 1 )What reason could he have to want an extencion,if everything was ready to close?
( 2 )What would be my next step ?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">