• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pfwest

What is the name of your state? WA
Last week the executor of my MIL estate called us to tell us he will arrive on saturday, and he would give us a call when he arrives so that we could go to my MIL house and take whatever we want. We waited but didnt recieve a call untill late sunday evening. Then he told us that we have to meet him this morning (monday), ( he will give us a call). He also told us that he took what he wanted and also his other brother and a granddaughter took what they wanted, the granddaughter isnt a heir, and now it is up for us to get whatever we want (what is left over). Again about the RV that is in both my husband as in my MIL names. He want us to pay half of what the RV is worth and then it is ours. Is this all legal? We dont want any problems down the road as we dont trust it anymore.

BelizeBreeze

pfwest said:
What is the name of your state? WA
Last week the executor of my MIL estate called us to tell us he will arrive on saturday, and he would give us a call when he arrives so that we could go to my MIL house and take whatever we want. We waited but didnt recieve a call untill late sunday evening. Then he told us that we have to meet him this morning (monday), ( he will give us a call). He also told us that he took what he wanted and also his other brother and a granddaughter took what they wanted, the granddaughter isnt a heir, and now it is up for us to get whatever we want (what is left over). Again about the RV that is in both my husband as in my MIL names. He want us to pay half of what the RV is worth and then it is ours. Is this all legal? We dont want any problems down the road as we dont trust it anymore.
Tell the executor that you demand he (and all other parties) return the items taken to the MIL's house or you will file theft charges against all of them.

As to the RV, it depends entirely on the title and how the names are listed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">