• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is that legal for Chief Executive ING Bank ask for C.O.T. fee ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alebar14

I have paid a court fee at probate court in Florida and has a release fund document of my partner's late father's will in Belgium. The transfer manager of ING Bank ask for a Cost Of Transfer (C.O.T.) fee (EUR3,000) before he proceed of wiring transfer the fund (EUR3,500,000) to New Zealand.

My question is: Is that legal for a transfer bank manager ask me to pay C.O.T.fee in advance before he completing the fund release ? He said it's illegal to waive the C.O.T.fee from the fund itself.

Regards,
abarus14

OHRoadwarrior

If it was a real barrister, I would expect they could afford someone that can dictate proper English. A quick street view shows not a prestigious international law firm, but an empty office for rent. It appears the cubicles/offices above are rented.

Last edited:

alebar14

How do I know if they have done a legitimate probate work ? Do you have a sample of real fund release document ? Thanks

xylene

You must be an idiot to be falling for this scam, and you are all already knee deep.

Get your own lawyer.

Your "partner" should too. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

alebar14

I am very sure this is legitimate. Because he never approached to me before for offering any winning lottery or such scam e-mails. I checked the office on street view via google and that was 2011. My partner only introduced him to me on May this year. He was my partner's late father's sole administrator from the probate court.

OHRoadwarrior

Let us try this another way. Look up ING's number, call them and ask to speak to the "transfer manager" by name. Confirm his title, with another staff member.

alebar14

Let us try this another way. Look up ING's number, call them and ask to speak to the "transfer manager" by name. Confirm his title, with another staff member.

Few days ago, I sent emails to ING Bank Belgium regarding this matter and they haven't reply me yet. I have sent another e-mail to public affairs and copyright department of IMF Organization and still no respond. Anyway, today I just sent few emails to the retail stores that share the same building in 78 Rue Defazqc, sent an email to State Court Administrator in Florida Supreme Court, sent an email to lawyer Donna Dean that based on Los Angeles, California (300 S Spring St
Los Angeles, CA 90013 ,office phone: 213-897-9442), so hoping for their responds

I think that's a good idea. I am going to ring the ING Bank Belgium but the time different between New Zealand and Belgium is 10 hours. So I might have to wait another 2 hours before the bank open.

OP: You are being scammed or you are a troll either way the advice is don't send any money. Stop posting updates. Have a good night.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">