• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Robert Paul

Nevada Law. Can a legal contract be drawn up in Nev. with bypassing an attorney...if all parties involved sign it and get it noterized. Will it stand up in court?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Robert Paul said:
Nevada Law. Can a legal contract be drawn up in Nev. with bypassing an attorney...if all parties involved sign it and get it noterized. Will it stand up in court?
My response:

Yes, of course. People enter into contracts without attorneys each and every day. Example - - when you buy a car, do you first have the contract reviewed by an attorney ? More often than not, no. While I would say doing so would be "prudent", it's not always needed; especially if all parties understand the contract and all the elements of a lawful contract are present. As for "standing up" in court, it all depends on how well the contract was written, and whether or not there are any "ambiguities" present. Remember, a written contract is always decided against the writer if there are any ambiguities. So, make sure that every word and sentence cannot be interpreted in any other way, and that the contract "means what it says, and says what it means."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">