• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal heirs ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frankshaia

What is the exact meaning of legal heirs ? My mother had a living trust and it says that I must send letters to all the legal heirs to see if they want a copy of the trust. It say all blood relatives, why do I have to ask people that are not even in the trust if they want a copy ? I live in California if that matters. Thank you,

Frank

L

loku

When you say, “IT says that I must send letters to all the legal heirs to see if they want a copy of the trust. IT say all blood relatives,” does “IT” in each case refer to terms of the trust, or does “IT” refer to some other rule or law?

If "IT" refers to terms of the trust, it would be best if you could give the exact phrasing of the terms. If it is a law, which one?

F

frankshaia

It says, "The law applicable to the deceased Grantor's trust requires that a letter is to be mailed to each and every beneficiary of the trust and to each and every legal heir of the deceased Grantor within 60 days of the date of death. in essence every relative of the deceased Grantor by blood or adoption.." It does not give any specific law though. Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Frank

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">