• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal options in the case of a probate matter out of control..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

probateproblems

In a nutshell, I am an heir in an estate where the deceased died "interstate". The executor & one of the heirs are fighting. The former is going to exhaust the estate's funds and use the opposition it met as an excuse. The actual property (house) has been sold twice. The first time a motion was filed to hault the sale by the heir mentioned. I expect the sale this time to also be thrown out by the courts because the Executor's attorney didn't properly apply for a license. On purpose no doubt. The courts don't seem to care what he does. He apparently has connections. There is a novel's worth I could speak of but that's the up-to-date version. What can I do? Can I sue both? One? I don't have much money, is it even feasible or reasonable to push the matter? I believe crimes are being commited including grand theft. Can the courts & lawyer's practices be investigated on a higher level?

probateproblems

ALawyer

If you are an heir and you believe there is mismanagement of the estate you can file a petition in the court where the matter is pending and seek to replace the Court appointed Personal Representative / administrator / executor.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do to keep another (the disgruntled) heir from making motions and throwing sand in the gears of justices.

P

probateproblems

How about this approach???

Thank you for replying. As soon as you replied I get a letter indicating a new hearing and I tried to think of the most logical solution to get what I want. My primary objective is to settle the estate once & for all. It has occurred to me that the Executrix's lawyer & disgruntled heir's lawyer will be fighting in court. The more ugly they look the better I might contrast them. I've only been in court once in my life and I learned quickly from watching other cases Judges don't like conflicts they like compromises. I am going to offer just that. I think I've devised a credible solution to the matter in question. Wish me luck! lol
probate problems....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">