• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letters of Testamentary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shah

What is the name of your state? New York

How long does it take to receive letters of testamentary? Thanks.

Also if a Guardian of a minor is suspected of using the minor's funds what can be done? I was told when the minor turns 18, they can sue the Guardian, who happens to be the father too.

Shah

Posts together

Cause they were two different questions, I thought I was suppose to post separate.:p

You Are Guilty

Shah said:
Any 'real' lawyers out there that can answer, thanks.
Well, there was until you decided to be a jackass to the person who was trying to help you in your other post. Enjoy your quest for answers!

Dandy Don

If possible look at the probate file where the funds came from (if from a will) to find out how much was in there originally. Can you prove that this man misspent the money or is there just a suspicion that he did?

Get an attorney and sue, but ask your attorney to first ask father if he is willing to set up a repayment plan first instead of being sued.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Last edited:

Shah

Thanks

Thanks Dandy Don! Seems like you are one of a very few who knows what they are speaking about and acts professional.

Right now it is a suspicion. I just wanted to know ahead of time what the options would be and if the Courts really protect the minor, thanks!

Dandy Don said:
If possible look at the probate file where the funds came from (if from a will) to find out how much was in there originally. Can you prove that this man misspent the money or is there just a suspicion that he did?

Get an attorney and sue, but ask your attorney to first ask father if he is willing to set up a repayment plan first instead of being sued.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">