• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien on house, wills, life estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunset

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

I acquired my home through a transfer from a parent who resided in a nursing home. Caretaker child exemption. During the following year no thought was given to a will or life estate with battling the nursing home for quality care.

My parent passed away in Oct. 2002. The house needed much repair and I took a loan for under $10,000. I now have a lien for that amount.

At this time can I get a life estate while owing this money, to ensure that my daughter will get the home in case of my passing before the loan is paid off--if she agrees to keep making the payments?

If not -- could I make out a will stipulating my wish for her to have the home and to continue paying off the loan?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

sunset

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

S

sunset

Great site...thanks for the help. I'll be sure to recommend you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">