• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindas4

What is the name of your state? Califonia

My mother left her house to me and my three siblings, with a life estate for my youngest brother. I was named executor of the will. What will I need to do, in handling the transaction to transfer the ownership of the property, to properly set up that life estate? Must I use a lawyer, or is this something that can be easily done without one?

HomeGuru

lindas4 said:
What is the name of your state? Califonia

My mother left her house to me and my three siblings, with a life estate for my youngest brother.

**A: is your mother still alive?
I was named executor of the will. What will I need to do, in handling the transaction to transfer the ownership of the property, to properly set up that life estate? Must I use a lawyer, or is this something that can be easily done without one?

**A: hire an estate or probate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">