• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Life Estate needs sold for fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debjet

What is the name of your state? Oregon
This is complicated. My mother is executor of the estate in which she is the widow. The estate has no cash funds. She is at the point of having to sell the property in order to pay the lawyer and other fees for probate. In her late husband's will the estate property goes to his children after her death or remarriage. The children are fighting the will, and have drug this out for almost two years. When the estate is sold, what right does my mother have to the monies of the sale? Do these go in a trust account for her to live off of the interest? Or are all her rights to the life estate gone? If the children decide to buy her out, what percentage of the value should she ask of them? We can't seem to get a decent answer from her lawyer. Do we need to find a new lawyer to get this thing resolved?

S

seniorjudge

debjet said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon
This is complicated. My mother is executor of the estate in which she is the widow. The estate has no cash funds. She is at the point of having to sell the property in order to pay the lawyer and other fees for probate. In her late husband's will the estate property goes to his children after her death or remarriage. The children are fighting the will, and have drug this out for almost two years. When the estate is sold, what right does my mother have to the monies of the sale? Do these go in a trust account for her to live off of the interest? Or are all her rights to the life estate gone? If the children decide to buy her out, what percentage of the value should she ask of them? We can't seem to get a decent answer from her lawyer. Do we need to find a new lawyer to get this thing resolved?
Tell ma to camp out in the office of her attorney until she gets an answer she understands. (Please fully extinguish campfires upon retiring and properly dispose of waste.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">