• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

live in selling of fathers estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cresta

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My father passed away in sept. 2003 he was not married at the time of his passing this was totaly unexpected he was only 50 years old. He had a big gun collection, a 55 jeep, a boat, 96 skidoo along with some other things when he passed. He was living with a woman for about 4 years in her home. Now she will not give me nor my sister any thing of my fathers she said it is staying where it is and we can not have it. my sister and I are his only children. I have just found out that my fathers boss is giving my fathers live in receipts stating that he loaned her the money for the jeep, skidoo, and boat and that she is selling them. My father bought them with advances on his yearly bonuses from work they were registered in his name only with the state not hers. can she do this with his things and get away with it? what could I do to stop her? will she have to pay my sister and I for them? my fathers boss also gave her a death cert. that he had for fathers 10,000.00 life ins. thanks for any advice anyone can give. my father did not have a will. cresta

Last edited:

JETX

"can she do this with his things and get away with it?"
*** If you don't take IMMEDIATE action to stop her, yes.

"what could I do to stop her?"
*** You need to IMMEDIATELY contact a local probate attorney.

"will she have to pay my sister and I for them?"
*** No. She may have to repay the estate though.

"my fathers boss also gave her a death cert. that he had for fathers 10,000.00 life ins."
*** The death certificate will not help her in getting the insurance benefits if she is not listed as a beneficiary on the policy.

C

cresta

live in selling fathers estate

I did get a lawyer today! but what really worries me is that it may all be gone and we can do nothing about it. my father didn't have much which in a way I'm thankful for because of how his live in is acting. but he did have guns that were my great grandfathers and they do have special meaning not only to my sister and I but also to his brother. and I'm afraid that she is going to get rid of everything and then get away with it and we be out of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">