• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Trust????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

questionbox

(West Virginia)
How does a living trust work? In my grandmother's will, I am supposed to get the house and all property in the house. That is of course if all debts are paid. There are approximately $10,000 worth of debts. (Credit cards, and 1 bank loan) The loan is against the house with around $1,500 owed on it. The house is appraised at $50,000. Can we go ahead with puttting the house in my name now, with her retaining lifetime rights? Wouldn't this keep the house out of probate and it can't be touched by a contested will or auction of property?
If we can do this, what happens to the debts if not all of them can be paid with the remaining estate?

ALawyer

It is a long question. READ the stuff on Living Trusts under estate palnning on FreeAdvice.com. Although it would probably assure you get the house, subject to the mortgage and other loans she owes now, what if YOU have financial problems?

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">