• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Monkeyron

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My Wife and I have many Assets together. Most of mine I had to transfer into my Wife's name. This was due to my Ex-Wife and her attorney trying to go after what's left of my Company and Personal assets that I paid her 50% to buy out at time of Divorce. She would drag me back to court to modify Spousal Support at any time. She ended up with 50% of what she started with but I got stuck with all the attorney fees? Go fig?

So now my Ex just got Re-Married,,,YEA!:D

My New and Improved Wife of 5 years now is worried the Ex can go after the last 6 months of Support I could not pay her (Due to $70,000.00 of Attorney fees).

If all our combined assets are Transferred into a Living Trust, can the Trust be Levied for anything such as Past unpaid debts?

I'm worried about this as we are ready to File 3 new Corporations in NV for a new type of energy business. We want to make the right protective moves.

Thanks,
M~R

tranquility

Anything which is yours or community property can be taken. A joint living trust will consist of community property. It can be taken.

I suggest you put out a bit more effort trying to pay what you owe.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My Wife and I have many Assets together. Most of mine I had to transfer into my Wife's name. This was due to my Ex-Wife and her attorney trying to go after what's left of my Company and Personal assets that I paid her 50% to buy out at time of Divorce. She would drag me back to court to modify Spousal Support at any time. She ended up with 50% of what she started with but I got stuck with all the attorney fees? Go fig?

So now my Ex just got Re-Married,,,YEA!:D

My New and Improved Wife of 5 years now is worried the Ex can go after the last 6 months of Support I could not pay her (Due to $70,000.00 of Attorney fees).

If all our combined assets are Transferred into a Living Trust, can the Trust be Levied for anything such as Past unpaid debts?

I'm worried about this as we are ready to File 3 new Corporations in NV for a new type of energy business. We want to make the right protective moves.

Thanks,
M~R
It would probably be less expensive in the end, to simply pay the 6 months of alimony.

Monkeyron

Anything which is yours or community property can be taken. A joint living trust will consist of community property. It can be taken.

I suggest you put out a bit more effort trying to pay what you owe.
Briant answer!
I owe nothing but 6 month of support to an ex-wife that had a good Attorney.
The Ex had a Violent History with a Restraining order that the My first Attorney was so willing to request me lift so we could negotiate the settlement. That was a Ploy that I had refused to release. They they threatened to drag it out in court. So I agreed and they drug it out anyway for another 18 months in court. Another Brilliant Attorney, she has since been Dis-Barred. My second Attorney that was refereed to my by an Ex-Judge, I found out at the Last Hearing that She had never been to trial before!!! :eek

So with 2 Past Brilliant Attorneys that caused me $70,000.00 in Attorney Fees due to Incompetence and inexperience, you may like the fact that this drove me into BK!

So, tranquility, I hope you can be more helpful with others than what you Posted here for me. It helped me how???
M~R

Last edited:

tranquility

You asked the question. That the answer didn't "help" you points more to your problem than my answer.

Besides, didn't you catch the part where I told you what the ex-wife could go after? Here I was thinking that was a part of whatever scheme you come up with in an attempt to deny her what is rightfully hers.

Oh, poor you. The real fun will be if your current wife doesn't think you deserve the property back.

Monkeyron

You asked the question. That the answer didn't "help" you points more to your problem than my answer.

Besides, didn't you catch the part where I told you what the ex-wife could go after? Here I was thinking that was a part of whatever scheme you come up with in an attempt to deny her what is rightfully hers.

Oh, poor you. The real fun will be if your current wife doesn't think you deserve the property back.
Normally I would not waste so much time but rather this time, others can see what to expect from some other members here.

My support to the Ex was based on 2005 income and the last court battle was to get the support based on current income levels. The Opposing council and the Judge was not listening nor looking at all the supporting evidence.
The Judge ended up keeping the support at that level that exceeded the total net income of 2009. Therefore a Subsequent BK followed in 2-2011
This is the end result of incompetent Lawyers.

It comes down to, do you homework and interview your Prospect Attorneys well. Or just go Pro Per and you may do better than if you select an Attorney that is not experienced.
Ron:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">