• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darrellp

My stepmother is the trustee of my fathers living trust he passed away june of 2001 me and my brothers have not seen the trust
my father told us we will see the trust when he passes away
til this day we have not seen it my step mother said there is nothing to see and if we contest it we get nothing the death was in Airazona where she is still living there do we have the right to see it? and what can we do to see it? they did not record it.

Please help thank you

ALawyer

Stepmother....

I know the problem.

Trusts are private documents, and it is usually necessary for a court to order that it be made available to others.

As an heir you COULD seek to become administrator of your father's estate -- to the extent that everything he owned was not held in the trust (and very often things wer not). That is often the way folks get a court order.

A better suggestion is to retain an AZ lawyer, and ask that lawyer to represent your interests. It works wonders, and there may be provisons of AZ law that enable family members to see trusts after death - which the lawyer (I am NOT an AZ licensed lawyer) would know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">